I have said it a million times but I just love yoga. There are many different types and skill levels. I like simple yoga and then gentle meditation type yoga. I am no where near skilled enough to stand on my head lol. I always feel 100% calm and relaxed and better about myself and the world when I come out of class.
The wall to wall mirrors in this class are not my favorite thing however. I do most of my yoga with my eyes closed it is just easier for me to be calm and relax that way. Well occasionally I will open my eyes and in doing this I saw...well I saw myself. Which is not something I want to see. I really don't like that my body is my representation to the world. Because on the inside I am not a fat blob who looks unhealthy. Inside I am a funny, healthy, athlete but these are not the things that the world see when they look at me. This makes me really sad. I think that is why this is so important to me I want my outside body to match my inside body.
Today while I was driving I was thinking about the things that I should be eating. It seemed to have just clicked. I don't need to try to make a gourmet meal I need to feed myself to keep healthy. It would be perfectly acceptable to have fruits and veggies for lunch. Food I think has always been my downfall. When it comes to getting healthy my taste buds are my downfall. I love food. It tastes so good. I think that for to long healthy food has been portrayed as tasteless food. But honestly some of the best food I have ever tasted was grown out of a garden. I love fresh Tomatoes out of my Grandma's garden they taste about 100x different then the stuff bought at the store...this gives me an idea I need to go to the farmers market and by local produce.
I can't wait until my nutrition class starts this summer. I look forward to sharing all my information on here.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment