Sunday, May 17, 2009

The New Beginning.

I don't really understand why it was so hard for me to start this. I am devoting this blog here to my weight loss progress. I have a regular blog at another site that I update, however I wanted to make something separate and completely different from that to track my journey. I think the reason that this is so difficult is I am really afraid of failing. I have been trying to lose weight for years. I wasn't over weight until a year after high school. I suppose I was a bit in denial up until about 4 years ago over the whole weight gain thing. I have sense then been "trying" to lose weight. I feel like I haven't been trying my hardest though. I will do great for about 2 months and then life gets in the way and I slack off. Then I will start over again a few months later. As of last August I have managed to lose and keep off about 20lbs. I just feel like I need to stick to it and finally finish this. I am not a total idiot when it comes to weight loss. I know all the fine details that one should know to lose weight. In fact I have helped multiple people lose weight. Somehow I just can't help myself.

I have around 50 lbs that I need to lose. I want to lose weight so I feel better about myself. I have never loved my body..not even when I was 15 and weighed 110 lbs and worked out everyday. It all goes back to 2nd grade. I was taller than all my friends and this in my mind always made me feel like I was fatter then they were. There was a time in 7th and 8th grade that I would hardly ever eat. I had braces and was paranoid of getting food stuck in my braces so I would skip lunch and I never would eat breakfast. I also was on the basketball team at this time so I was working out. It wasn't intentional to not eat but just a stupid teenage mistake. I think that is something that directly contributed to my weight problems today. So with that being said I refuse to converse with anyone who honestly thinks these things are healthy.

I love healthy and fitness despite the way I have let myself go. I love hiking, biking, and swimming. I love learning all I can learn about health. I am currently in college pursuing a degree which I put off when I was younger.

Here are some of my stats:

Height: 5'5
Weight : 226
Exercise: I don't limit myself to one type of exercise because I will get very bored.
Food: I count calories for the most part, this seems to be what works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment